Due to the unique nature of art, if your work is meaningfully not as described, inauthentic, does not arrive, or arrives damaged, we will work with you to find the best resolution, including getting your money back. In some instances, a partial refund, restoration, or exchange may be the best resolution. kawsforsale Guarantee covers transactions up to $10,000 USD. For transactions over this amount, our team is still here to support you to find the best resolution.
To receive kawsforsale protections, you must:
- Complete your entire transaction, including all communications, through one of kawsforsale secure checkout methods, which include Buy Now, Make Offer, and Make Offer in Inquiries.
- Report the issue to kawsforsale within our standard reporting window:
- Items not as described must be reported within 7 days of receipt
- Items not received must be reported within 14 days of the latest expected delivery date
- Items with authenticity concerns must be reported within 180 days of delivery
- Provide any requested photographic evidence of the issue (including the artwork and the original packaging). If there is any damage to the package, don’t open it, and email our team.
- If given the option, require a signature to receive your item.
Kawsforsale Extended Authenticity Protection:
In the rare case that you discover a work is inauthentic, Artsy offers 180 days after delivery to report the issue to us. Extended Authenticity Protection will cover
- Fake/fraudulent Works and unlicensed reproductions inaccurately listed as “By” the artist
- Works listed as “By” the artist, with a creation date within the artist’s lifetime, but were actually produced posthumously by the artist’s estate
- Gross misrepresentations which have a significant impact on the value of the work – as defined by kawsforsale Conditions of Sale.
Authenticity Protection does not apply to other facts about the work (e.g. edition size, signature information, artwork size). In some cases, the author of a work may be unclear or difficult to ascertain with certainty, and sellers may list these items as “Attributed to” an artist (for example, “Attributed to Pablo Picasso.”) These attributions signal that there is uncertainty about the work’s author, and as such kawsforsale Authenticity Protection does not cover them.
If you pay for your order directly (e.g. via wire transfer, bitcoin ), the kawsforsale Guarantee is applicable.